Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chapter 27 - A Little More Time on You

Your love is like a river, peaceful and deep
Your soul is like a secret that I never could keep
Why I look into your eyes I know that it's true
God must have spent a little more time on you


LEE DONGHAE

Althea...

I froze. I didn't know what to do. Leeteuk moved towards her and shook her hand.
"Hello, it's nice to meet you. You son Aiden is very talented."

"I'm Althea. Nice to meet you leader-ssi."

Leeteuk chuckled at her statement. He waited for me to introduce myself and wondered why I haven't said anything.

"Mom! I danced with uncle!" Aiden exclaimed, referring to me. "You wanted to meet him, right mom? Here he is! Uncle! Please be good to my mommy!" 

He moved down and I placed him gently on the floor. He pulled Leeteuk's arm and signaled him for them to leave us alone. I never thought a child could become a matchmaker. Leeteuk understood and they went back to the room where the other members were resting leaving me and Althea.

"Let's go sit down," I finally spoke up. She smiled and followed my lead. As we sat down, I could still feel my heart trying to jump out of my chest. I never knew I would feel this way when I meet her again. "Thank you for coming to our concert."

"This was my dream. Watching a Super Show with all the members complete," she said.

"It was mine too. I'm so happy that we finally made it."

"Congratulations.. It seems you're really living your dream."

"Yeah. So... how are you? It seems you're..." I couldn't say it. "Married."

"Oh no, I'm not," she said. My heart skipped a beat.

"But Aiden..."

"He's my son but I'm not married."

"So who's his father?"

Althea didn't answer and just looked straight into my eyes. I wondered why she was like that but then it hit me.

"He's mine?"

She nodded.

Oh my God! I have a son??!! 

I didn't know how to react.

"Why didn't you tell me? I mean, I deserve to know!"

Althea's face became apologetic. "I'm so sorry. I really wanted to tell you but it was not yet the right time. It could ruin your life and your dreams."

Why the hell are you always thinking for my sake?! 

I wanted to get mad at her but when I think about the time she raised our child on her own, I feel useless and irresponsible.

"So today's the 'right time'?" I asked.

"Yes. You've reached your dream and Aiden can already understand our situation. Now is the right time to tell you," she said.

"Honestly, I feel so bad thinking about you raising our child alone."

"Please, don't be. I was never alone. My mom was with me and even Kevin."

"Kevin? He met you again?"

"Yes, we were both living in Singapore. He saw me at the hospital and when he knew I was pregnant, he supported me."

"Is he here in Seoul?" I asked.

"Ah, no. He decided to stay in Singapore. My mom went back to Philippines when I transferred here with Aiden."

I still can't believe it. I have a son with Althea. 

I stood up and went to the room to see Aiden. Althea followed me. When we entered the room, we heard Aiden speaking.

"My mom said that daddy is working far away. She said daddy is achieving his dreams for me. She also said that daddy loves me so much."

I felt a tear threatening to fall. 

How could Althea say those things to our son when I was not there to help her raise him? She told him all those things so that he won't hate his irresponsible dad...

"If you could have a Super Junior member as your dad, who would you choose?" Ryeowook asked him.

Aiden paused for a second then smiled. "Donghae uncle!"

"Why? He doesn't know how to take care of children!" Hyukjae brainwashed him.

"He's cool! And if he is my dad, then mommy would be happy!" he said.

I moved towards Aiden and carried him. "Can I be your dad?" I asked him.

"Marry my mommy first!"

His statement caused a burst of laughter from everyone. All the members praised him for his wit. They even praised his looks and his talent.

I'm such a proud father right now.

"Say goodbye to uncles now Aiden. We're going home," Althea told him. He waved goodbye to everyone and even threw flying kisses to them.

"Will you watch the concert tomorrow?" Sungmin asked cutely. 

He nodded and everyone was happy to know. We headed out and I placed Aiden slowly on the floor.

"Wait for me here," I told Althea.

"Is uncle coming with us, mommy?" Aiden asked.

"Can I?" I knelt in front of him. He nodded.

I went back to the room to tell the members that I would go with Althea and Aiden.

"Where are you going?" Leeteuk asked.

"I will be with Althea and Aiden tonight hyung. I promise to be back tomorrow morning."

"But why? I don't understand. What's going on Donghae?" Heechul asked.

"Hyung, Aiden... He's my son."

Everyone's eyes opened wide and exclaimed, "What?!"

"I'll explain tomorrow! Bye!"

I left the room running towards my family...



No comments:

Post a Comment